- Our investment-linked assurance schemes, namely Invest Plus Life Insurance, Gold Medal Plan Plus, Platinum Choice and Platinum Medal Plan (collectively the “Plans”) are investment-linked assurance schemes. These are life insurance policies issued by Chubb Life Insurance Hong Kong Limited (the “Company”). These are not funds authorized by the Securities and Futures Commission (“SFC”) pursuant to the Code on Unit Trust and Mutual Funds (“UT Code”). Your investments are subject to the credit risks of the Company.
- The Plans are not available for policy applications and cannot continue to be marketed to the public in Hong Kong.
- The premium you pay, after deduction of any applicable fees and charges of the Plans, will be invested by the Company in the underlying funds / assets linked to your selected investment choices and will accordingly go towards accretion of the value of your policy under the Plans. Your policy value will be calculated by the Company based on the performance of the underlying funds / assets linked to your selected investment choices from time to time and the ongoing fees and charges which will continue to be deducted from your policy value. The units of each investment choices allocated to your policy is notional and are solely for determining the value of your policy.
- Due to the various fees and charges levied by the Company on your policy, the return on your policy as a whole may be lower than the return of the underlying funds / assets linked to the investment choices you selected.
- All premiums you pay towards your policy, and any investments made by the Company in the underlying funds / assets linked to the investment choices you selected, will become and remain the assets of the Company. You do not have any rights or ownership over any of those assets. Your recourse is against the Company only.
- The return of some of the investment choices are calculated with reference to pools of assets internally managed by the Company on a discretionary basis not authorized by the SFC under the UT Code.
- Your policy is designed to be held for a long term period. Early surrender or withdrawal of the policy / suspension of or reduction in premium may result in a significant loss of principal and / or affect the amount of any bonus you receive under your policy. Poor performance of underlying funds / assets linked to your investment choices may further magnify your investment losses, while applicable charges are still deductible.
More importantly, you should be aware of the following regarding your death benefit and
the cost of insurance:
- Part of the fees and charges you pay that will be deducted from the value of your policy will be used to cover the cost of insurance for the life coverage and any additional coverage you may choose.
- The cost of insurance will reduce the amount that may be applied towards investment in the underlying funds / assets linked to the investment choices you selected.
- The cost of insurance may increase significantly during the term of your policy due to factors such as attained age, smoking habit and class of risk associated with the person insured, etc. This may result in significant or even total loss of your premiums paid.
- If the value of your policy becomes insufficient to cover all the ongoing fees and charges, including cost of insurance, your policy may be terminated early and you could lose all your premiums paid and benefits.
- You should consult your financial consultant for details, such as how the charges may increase and could impact the value of your policy.
- The investment choices available under the Plans can have very different features and risk profiles. Some may be of high risk.
- Investment involves risks. You should not purchase the Plan(s) unless you understand it and it has been explained to you how it is suitable for you. The final decision is yours.
- You should not invest based on this website alone. You should read the Principal Brochure of the Plans and the offering documents of the underlying funds which are available from the Company free of charge upon request.
|Issuer: Chubb Life Insurance Hong Kong Limited|
Please click the "Accept" button below if you have read and understood this page, otherwise click "Not Accept" to leave the website.
|Fund Code||Investment Choice||Risk Class||Currency||Valuation Date||Unit Price (US$)|
*Investment Choice suspension notice
As of 1 March 2022, Baring International Fund Managers (Ireland) Limited (the “Management Company”) made the decision to temporarily suspend the calculation of the net asset value and dealings in the Barings Eastern Europe Fund (BEE) until further notice. This decision has been made following the recommendation of the Management Company and the investment manager (i.e. Baring Asset Management Limited) with the agreement of the fund’s depositary, to protect the interest of unit holders. Therefore, any policyholders’ purchase, redeem or exchange of the Chubb - Barings Eastern Europe Fund (BEE) is suspended from the 1 March 2022.
The risk class of the underlying funds is determined by Chubb Life Insurance Hong Kong Limited by measuring the standard deviation of the underlying funds’ historical performance over the past 3 years. For the risk class categories, 5 means Low, 4 means Low to Medium, 3 means Medium, 2 means Medium to High and 1 means High.
For more information on the "Investment Choice suspension notice", please click here.